Monday, March 11, 2013

Those Little Dark Circles Don't Seem So Small When They're on your FACE!!

Ok we are not a football player! Well, I would think that most of us aren't anyway. And because of this, we would rather not have those pesky little circles under our eyes, am I right? Sure I am!
With that said, let me first start by saying that sleeping with your makeup on not only hurts me (it reallydoes kill me to learn that people do this), it hurts your cause!! Did you know that if you don't get all of that mascara and eyeliner off of those lids, over time they will actually STAIN your lids? UPPER AND LOWER PEOPLE!! Yeah, not pretty! (think that Seinfeld episode where they looked different in different light...from wow to ew)


So, in order to avoid this awkward situation, how bout we go ahead and get some eye makeup remover, a cotton ball and a Q-tip (yes, I'm that serious). Make sure you remove all of your makeup before you turn in for the night. Get in there with your Q-tip so that you can get every bit there is and not wake up with racoon eyes (not attractive) and avoid staining this thin sensitive skin around your pretty peepers!!

Next, you're going to want to moisturize on a regular basis. Yes REGULAR basis, as in morning and night. Find an eye cream that attends to the problem areas or problems you're tryin to avoid (ie..puffy, dark, lines etc) and dab dab dab! Your eyes will thank you for it!



Moving right along, did you know that certain colors are used to correct different problems? Yep, that dang color theory wheel you had to learn in high school art sure comes in handy for us MUA's!! Doncha wish you paid attention?? Well lucky for you, I'm here to give you some tips on how to use color (and not gobs of it for the love) to cover up your little imperfections until you've treated them away :)

If the problem you're having is bluish or purplish veins under your eyes and you've got light to medium skin tone you're really going to want to use a peach/salmon concealer dabbed every so lightly. With medium to dark skin you're going to want to reach out and pick up a yellow/salmon or orange concealer. These are to be used sparingly as you don't want to have that chalky built up look under those eyes.

For dark brown or deep red circles, with light or medium skin you would use yellow or a very light peachy color and for medium or dark skin, use a yellow (more golden than yellow) or salmon color.

One thing that i find not only brightens up the under eye and top of cheekbone area is a product called "Banana Powder". It is magic in a bottle! This yellow powder applied sparingly just under the eyes can bring a warm glow and brightness to the face giving the appearance of rest and energy. Ben Nye banana powder can be found at various stores and websites, just google or bing it!!


Now repeat after me..."I will not use a shade too light for my skin to cover up my dark circles, or dark spots." LOL...

Now off you go my fellow makeup junkies!! Remove, moisturize and dab your little hearts out!!




**photo credits: visibletime.ararcive.com, stevesgrl.hubpages.com, camera ready cosmetics**



7 comments:

  1. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria.Good tips.Thanks for sharing

    makeup artist school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following and posting Pratima! I'm glad you found my tips helpful! Let me know if there are other things you'd like to learn about :) I heart new ideas and such to share with my fellow make-up artists!! :)

    Which makeup artist school are you attending??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your blog! I have always been so interested in make up and I really think I want to take some make up courses. Do you have any recommendations for me? Please let me know, and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mia,

      Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog:)

      To answer your question, I would recommend looking into beauty schools in your area for what they offer. Granted, most cosmetology schools teach hair for the majority of the time and give you about 1 week of makeup. This does not a makeup artist make, so you will definitely need more training and hands on experience before you can call yourself a makeup artist.

      Bing or Google schools in your area or close to your area and see what you find. if you're just starting out, ANY AND ALL information is fantastic. Absorb everything you can! Watch YouTube videos, style channel episodes, have a Barnes & Noble date with yourself and leaf through books and magazines. Really try to train your eye to details.

      Soon it will be second nature to make or re-make people over in your mind and eventually with your brushes :)

      I hope this helps!
      Cristina

      Delete
  4. Lovely recommendation. The post is full of attractive Images as well as handsome language containing content. The firm is specialized in providing the beauteous comforts of Makeup artist Sydney. Countless firms are now available easily to us to make us feel full of confidence after changing our entire outlook through the help of premium quality makeover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Roodey! It's always nice to hear when a fellow reader not only agrees with but admires my insite :) If you have any suggestions on something you'd like to read about, please feel free to email me :)

      Beauty and helping others is my passion. I appreciate your comment.

      Cristina

      Delete
  5. I love the blog. I'm getting ready to go to a make up school in Toronto, and I really appreciate your posts!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think:)